Get your Sin in to Win! Contest
Get your Sin in to Win! Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
- Enrolment Services of Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology (the sponsor) is the official overseer of the "Get Your SIN in to Win!" contest.
- The contest runs from, January 2, 2020 through January 31, 2020.
- This contest is open to all students of Centennial College who meet the contest eligibility requirements set out under the eligibility section, and is subject to all Canadian applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. This contest is void where prohibited or otherwise restricted by law.
- One winner will be contest from all entries submitted. In the event the winner does not meet eligibility criteria, the prize will default to an alternate or subsequent alternate winner.
- In the event none of the entrants contest meet eligibility criteria, no prize will be awarded.
- No correspondence will occur except with winning entrants.
- Contest entrants must be minimum 16 years of age.
- Eligible entrants are those who are registered students attending the Winter 2020 academic semester at Centennial College. Students receiving OSAP are eligible. Students on a Co-op work term, placement, or internship are eligible.
- Eligible entrants are those who entered their SIN number up until the contest end date of January 31, 2020.
- Centennial College employees are not eligible to enter the contest.
- By entering this contest, it is acknowledged that the entrant has read, understood, and will abide by these rules and regulations.
- To be eligible for the contest, students must be in a registered program by 11:59PM on January 31, 2020.
How to Enter the Contest
- Students who are registered for the Winter 2020 semester and provide their SIN number via myCentennial or in person at any Enrolment Services office, up until the end date of the contest, January 31, 2020.
- To enter, an entrant must be registered for a Centennial program and has access to the myCentennial student portal.
Contest and Prize
- One winner will be randomly drawn from the pool of eligible entries on, February 7, 2020.
- The winner will be notified by telephone, mail or e-mail within five (5) business days.
- If the winner cannot be contacted and confirmed within five (5) business days, the prize may be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner.
- The prize to be awarded to the winner is $200 applied to the winner’s myCard. The award will be awarded to the student registered for Winter 2020 semester, at Centennial College, at the time of awarding the prize.
- The prize is non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions. Centennial College reserves the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value, whether in cash or otherwise, if a prize cannot be awarded as described.
- The odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible students who provide the SIN number during the period of the contest.
Conditions of Participation
- By participating in this contest, the Entrant agrees;
- To be bound by these contest rules and the decisions of Centennial College, whose decisions are final;
- To the use of the Entrant's name, likeness, voice, image recording, and video footage and statements for editorial, promotional, and advertising purposes without compensation;
- That if selected as the winner, the Entrant gives Centennial College and its agents the right to publish or broadcast the winner's name, likeness, voice, image, recording, video footage or statements for editorial, promotional, advertising and publicity purposes without compensation other than the value of the prize offered; and
- To release and indemnify and hold harmless Centennial College, its advertising and promotional agencies, the prize suppliers, all of their respective officers, directors, employees, owners, agents, contractors, representatives, successors, and assigns from any liability in connection with or arising out of this contest, the awarding of the prize, the use of any personal information, or the use of merchandise purchased in relation to winning a prize.
- The contest winners must provide proof of age, proof of registration in the Winter 2020 academic semester. The winner must provide all necessary documents within ten (10) days following notification that the entrant has won, or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate entry.
- Centennial College reserves the right, without prior notice, at any time, to terminate the contest, in whole or in part or modify, or suspend or extend the contest in any way.
- Entrants must comply with the Rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules if they participate in the contest.
- Centennial College and its representatives are not responsible for any lost, misdirected, late, incomplete, illegible, or postage-due entries, which will be void, or for typographical or other production or distribution errors.
- In the event that Centennial College is prevented from continuing the contest by an event beyond its control, Centennial College has the right to modify, suspend, extend or terminate the contest.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these contest rules does not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision.
- Personal information in connection with the contest is collected pursuant to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used solely for the administration of the contest and college-related communications.