The Career Services and Co-operative Education team gives students and graduates the confidence and tools for career success from the first semester to beyond graduation.
Looking for a job and don't know where to start?
Visit our Virtual Drop-in Hour to meet with a Peer Career Coach:
- Resume/Cover Letter Review: chat with a Peer Career Coach to get basic tips on your resume and cover letter (see HireCentennial for schedule)
Connect with an Employment Advisor virtually or by phone to get assistance with the following:
- Career Planning: identify your personality, career interests, strengths and values, and create a step-by-step personalized job search action plan; chat about strategies to increase hope and confidence about your future as you prepare to transition from college to career
- Job Search: learn how to customize your resume/cover letter, and effective strategies, such as information interviews, networking, LinkedIn and more to find a part-time, summer, or full-time job
- Interview Preparation and Simulation: feel confident at your next interview by learning what to do before, during and after the interview. Role play and get feedback on your interview skills
- On the Job Success: discuss tips to conduct oneself professionally on the job and to continue to be successful at work
Unsure about your future career or thinking about going to university?
Meet with a Career Counsellor for in-depth conversations (45-minute appointment) by calling 416-289-5233 or emailing email@example.com
- Career Planning: engage in conversations to identify your personality, career interests, strengths and values, and create a step-by-step personalized career action plan; chat about strategies to increase hope and confidence about your future as you prepare to transition from college to career
- Career exploration and decision making: discuss possible options and make informed career decisions
- Further education or transfer to university: identify factors that can help you choose the right university and program
HireCentennial – online job and resource portal
- Jobs: part-time, on-campus, summer, volunteer and full-time opportunities with job alert options
- Resume and Cover Letter Samples: specific to Centennial programs
- Online career tools: Ten Thousand Coffees Centennial Networking Hub; BigInterview, TypeFocus and Career Cruising
- Personalized appointments booking: resume/cover letter review, job search strategies, interview, practice, LinkedIn profile and portfolio building
- Events Calendar: job fairs and career workshops
- Career Success Guide: available through e-Centennial as a series of four online modules that will help you clarify your career goals and provide tips on how to reach them. To register, log into eCentennial. On the My Home page, click on the My Tools context menu and select Self Registration/ Under Course Offering Name, click on the Career Success Guide link. Then, click Register, Submit and Finish
- Centennial Hub on Ten Thousand Coffees: Join Centennial's exclusive online networking hub for students/grads to connect with alumni and industry professionals. Supported by RBC Future Launch
- Co-op Education programs: gain work experience related to your Business, Engineering or Transportation program